Are wireless smart homes in Atlanta a wise choice?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were confined to wired components joined through a long installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless advancements have revolutionized the market and introduced a world of opportunities for families.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Atlanta is a good option for you and your family? Explore what you ought to know about wireless installations.
What you ought to know before switching to wireless
The foundation of any wireless system is a sound connection to the internet. Reliable, speedy internet and a quality wireless router are the primary elements you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in quite some time, think about switching it out now to take advantage of the latest performance improvements.
If you reside in a region without trustworthy high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you may be better suited with a wired installation. And, it may be wise financially to remain with an existing setup if you relocate to a home pre-wired for security.
Regardless of where you live, online and electrical interruptions can occur. To address this concern, find security systems with battery and cellular backups to maintain your connection.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Atlanta?
Protecting your property against known threats like burglary and fire is the primary objective of any home security system. You can accomplish this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to take advantage of the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best choice. By installing a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to secure your doors or scan real-time footage from your mobile device? A wireless smart home provides a level of connectivity you’ve never seen before. You can investigate or change settings of any system devices remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it may also reach you. If one of your sensors is tripped, an update will be dispatched automatically to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when there’s a security event, no matter your location.
● Adaptable and scalable: Different from wired implements, you can put wireless ones practically wherever you wish. Interested in having a video camera on your desktop or in your nursery? You got it! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove equipment from your wireless smart home.
Possible drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Atlanta have proven reliable and beneficial, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. Consider the following:
● You may have to replace batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered tools, there’s always the chance of an interruption when the battery dies. However, smart devices will let you know when the battery is depleting and usually last for several years without needing a new battery.
● Device placement. There could be limitations on how far you may put wireless sensors away from the centralized command hub. This won’t be a concern in the majority of homes, but you ought to ask about the restrictions prior to moving forward.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like other computer networks, the potential of hacking exists. But you can significantly minimize this risk by using secure passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Atlanta today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by personalizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your Atlanta security system from anywhere. Dial (404) 905-1132 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.