Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Atlanta smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in complete command of your Atlanta home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Atlanta benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the duties you can execute:
- Review current or recorded video streams from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Atlanta by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open door will urge you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Atlanta
Despite the fact that various users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, select phone or email and provide the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Atlanta home security system. Call (404) 905-1132 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.