Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Atlanta
If you just bought your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for you and yours. You’re probably pondering the ways you might personalize your residence with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make certain you examine home security as well. Keeping the ones you care about safeguarded should always be a major emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Atlanta.
Conduct a safety audit of your new Atlanta property
Now that you’re considering safety, discover what your new home already has. To start, make sure you have operational smoke detectors. Inspect each one and change batteries if needed. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors? Do you need a water sensor in your basement? This is also a smart time to upgrade door locks and inspect all locks on windows. Go through every space and get to know your property.
Smart security tips for your Atlanta home
Once you’ve completed your preliminary check of safety alarms and locks, you may consider enhancing your property’s defense. Get started with these security tips for your home in Atlanta.
- Invest in a full-featured home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Atlanta can do is integrate a home security system. Modern wireless technology allows you to keep an eye on your residence even when you’re away. You can scan up-to-the-second video footage, engage door locks, and even talk to visitors at your door directly from your mobile device. You may custom-tailor your system with incredible security features like video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Upgrade outdoor lights. Outside lights with motion sensors are a smart solution in discouraging potential invaders. You may even incorporate them with surveillance cameras. When a motion sensor is triggered, it can instruct your surveillance to start recording.
- Maintain your yard. Do you have an unblocked sightline of your property from inside? Are there large shrubs and trees blocking your view? Eliminate possible hiding spots for burglars by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will be grateful for it too.
- Get to know others in your area. Talking about your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friends with people around you, there’s a greater probability they’ll let you know if they detect suspicious behavior. You may also get involved in your neighborhood’s social media page if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install an advanced smart home, you can make it appear like you’re home by activating smart lighting at scheduled times. This is a fantastic option when you’re away.