Daily shipments have become commonplace for countless residents thanks to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having goods left in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages on your doorstep are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a serious issue, but you have the chance to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are fantastic tools to deter porch pirates, but they provide so much more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to become a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Atlanta video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to people in front of your door, and get instant alerts whenever something arrives.
The best way to see how a Atlanta video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t find this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with warnings that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the purpose of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will include incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can get instant notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is someone standing at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You might even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people hanging around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will help you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to see current and saved video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.